Saturday 25 February 2012

Patchwork quilt made from pretty little girls dresses..


When my daughter was 3 years old she grew out of one of her favourite dress. I told her I would make a patchwork quilt for her bed with her old dresses.


So I set about making a patchwork quilt


I hand-stitched each little patch, this is the view from the back
 remember its not finished


I hand-stitched a few little messages on some patches



...and I stitched some bugs & bees too



I also used her pajamas (jimjams)



When my daughter was 10 years old she stopped wearing pretty dresses and would only wear jeans
So I stopped making the quilt




I packaged up the quilt into a cupboard with all my other unfinished crafts


My daughter is now 20 years old and has started wearing pretty dresses again
So I think I will start working on the quilt again...
Such a happy ending I think











2 comments:

  1. I think your quilt is gorgeous! What a fabulous idea using loved dresses from your daughter. Can't wait to see some more....

    ReplyDelete